Electrical fire damages home

by JUDY REED

Photo by J.REED

Photo by J.REED

 

Wiring in need of repair may have been the cause of a fire in Algoma Township Monday morning.

Algoma Township firefighters were dispatched to 10880 Algoma, just north of 13 Mile, just before 9 a.m. this morning on a possible electrical fire. Dispatch said the house was filling with smoke. Sparta Township Fire assisted them at the scene.

According to Algoma Fire Chief Steve Johnson, the fire started between the living room and another room, above the garage, and was most likely due to wiring in need of repair. He estimated it caused about $15,000 in damage.

The couple had several animals, which Johnson said made it out safely.

Algoma cleared the scene about 11:12 a.m.

Photo by J.REED

Photo by J.REED

 

Photo by J.REED

Photo by J.REED


Other Stories from the Squire

Top News…

recogitionstanding

Event during National Law Enforcement Recognition Week   Rockford North Rockford Middle … [Continue Reading...]

pic from Cindy

  This year’s Relay for Life in Rockford, with the theme of superheroes, had plenty of … [Continue Reading...]

Photo 8

ROCKFORD, Mich., May 5, 2015 – The Rockford Education Foundation (REF) has chosen a program that … [Continue Reading...]

sandpitvote

John Bitely of Sable Development talks to the board about his intentions to remove sand from acreage … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

In Other News

Knowing Your Competition   by David Broyles SCORE Counselor   Regardless of … [Continue Reading...]

Downtown Rockford was as busy this sidewalk sale week as in past years, despite a heat index of over … [Continue Reading...]

Rockford resident, writer and photographer John Hogan shared this picture with the Squire. The … [Continue Reading...]

David S. Fry

They wrote the book on cottage law—literally Recently, Attorney David S. Fry opened the … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

Speak Your Mind

*