Residents, dog escape residential fire

A girl in the Bella Vista lakefront home at 7105 Camino Del Ray wondered if birthday candles were burning when she smelled something odd. It was her 13th birthday that Wednesday, May 19. Later, at about 3 p.m., her brother ran up from the water where he had been boating and yelled at the girl and her friend to leave the house—it was on fire.

There was damage to the lakeside of the home, but Cannon Township firefighers extinguished the blaze with the help of the Rockford Fire Department. One resident was treated at the scene by Rockford Ambulance EMTs for smoke inhalation.

It is suspected that an air conditioner may have started the fire. The family dog was also safely removed from the home and waited in the boat while rescue workers helped the family.

Other Stories from the Squire

Top News…

View More: http://benjamindavidphotography.pass.us/mab2015

The Michigan Association of Broadcasters recently named Rockford High School’s video production … [Continue Reading...]

RockfordTowing

Business under new ownership By BETH ALTENA   Chad Momber has been in trucking all … [Continue Reading...]

photo-19

By BETH ALTENA   The EXPO doesn’t lie. It just doesn’t know who it is talking to. … [Continue Reading...]

The Plainfield Township Board of Trustees recognized five children from a local family with a … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

In Other News

Knowing Your Competition   by David Broyles SCORE Counselor   Regardless of … [Continue Reading...]

Downtown Rockford was as busy this sidewalk sale week as in past years, despite a heat index of over … [Continue Reading...]

Rockford resident, writer and photographer John Hogan shared this picture with the Squire. The … [Continue Reading...]

David S. Fry

They wrote the book on cottage law—literally Recently, Attorney David S. Fry opened the … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

Speak Your Mind

*