Rockford Chamber of Commerce to celebrate 50-year anniversary
The Rockford Chamber of Commerce (RCC) is preparing to host its annual Meeting of the Membership on Friday, Jan. 28. The premier event will be the launch for the chamber’s 50th year in existence and will feature a special evening of excellent food, lively entertainment and good company.
“This is a very exciting time for the chamber,” said RCC Executive Director Brenda Davis. “We are not only celebrating our past and the wonderful loyalty of our membership and volunteers, but are also looking forward to a very promising future filled with change and progressive thinking. We look at the upcoming annual meeting as an important way to note our past history and to show what the chamber’s board and staff have planned for the upcoming year. This includes an interactive website, networking opportunities, an impressive event schedule, and a revamped newsletter, to name just a few.”
The event will take place at the Geoffrey B. Bloom Auditorium, housed in the corporate headquarters of Wolverine World Wide Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive, Rockford. The evening will feature keynote speaker Tom Rademacher, author and talented columnist of the Grand Rapids Press. Through the years, Rademacher has provided a voice for those both struggling and soaring in the area.
Two other highlights of the annual event will be the announcement of the Business of Distinction awards and the Year in Review.
The awards honor area businesses for going above and beyond the call of duty. Award nominees are as follows:
• Business of the Year: Fluis, Inc.; Great Northern Trading Co.; Herman’s Boy, Inc.; United Bank of Michigan
• Dining/Entertainment: Rogue River Tavern; The Corner Bar; The Dam Dogs; Timbers Inn & Restaurant
• Manufacturing: Alloy Exchange, Inc.; ITW Dahti Seating; Wolverine World Wide, Inc.
• Retail: A Charmed Life…Nail Salon; Double Take Resale, LLC; WAR Chest Boutique
• Service: Creative Concepts; Innovative Sound Solutions; Macatawa Bank; Nance-Martin Accounting Service; Principal Financial Group
• Quality of Life: Rockford Area Arts Commission; Rockford Education Foundation
• New Business: AIC Insurance Services; Institute for Neuro Muscular Medicine & Rehabilitation; The Dam Taxi
For the Year in Review, Jeff Lewis, RCC board member and owner of Fluis Inc., will take the audience on a nostalgic—and humorous—journey through the previous year’s events.
Tickets for annual meeting are restricted to the membership of the RCC and are $45 per person. Please call (616) 866-2000 to make reservations or for more information.