Rockford woman accidentally electrocuted

Stephanie Trudeau, 41, of Rockford was found by neighbors dead of electrocution in her yard on Tuesday, June 19. According to a report by Kent County Sheriff’s investigator Michael Tanis, emergency first responders were called to the victim’s home at 7636 Hessler Drive near Myers Lake Road at 6:14 a.m. Courtland Fire Rescue and Rockford Ambulance were dispatched to the address with report of a female down, possibly electrocuted.

The victim apparently was working in her landscaping in the early morning hours of June 18 to 19. She was using a homemade electrical cord with a bulb on the end. She was carrying the cord, light and a wire piece of steel on a steep slope, which was extremely wet from a garden hose and a storm, which had happened earlier.

It appears, with the wet ground, no shoes, bad wire light and steel they connected, she was knocked to the ground and subsequently electrocuted unintentionally.

Other Stories from the Squire

Top News…

Michigan ChalleNGe cadet meets Dale Earnhardt Jr. ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Respect, hard work, … [Continue Reading...]

Attention veterans! A call to action. Please stand for those who have fallen.   The Moving … [Continue Reading...]

The Rockford Girls’ Lacrosse team has been ranked number one in the Division One poll for most of … [Continue Reading...]

By JOHN HOGAN Rockford - and most of West Michigan, became a water wonderland last week as a … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

In Other News

Knowing Your Competition   by David Broyles SCORE Counselor   Regardless of … [Continue Reading...]

Downtown Rockford was as busy this sidewalk sale week as in past years, despite a heat index of over … [Continue Reading...]

Rockford resident, writer and photographer John Hogan shared this picture with the Squire. The … [Continue Reading...]

David S. Fry

They wrote the book on cottage law—literally Recently, Attorney David S. Fry opened the … [Continue Reading...]

More Posts from this Category

Speak Your Mind

*