By Ricky Clark, Student Activities Coordinator
North Rockford Middle School
The Rockford Sports Boosters are excited to host the first All Sports Expo at Rockford High School on Saturday, April 21st from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The expo will offer opportunities for growth to athletes of all ages and all experience levels. Topics and opportunities will range from participation to college recruiting and college scholarship information.
The expo is free to anyone wishing to attend and will feature exhibitors from the Rockford community and beyond. Some opportunities include:
- Meet and greet with coaches and players from Rockford High School’s freshman, junior varsity, and varsity teams.
- Learn about travel and club teams for a variety of sports.
- Take a tour of RHS’s new athletic facility, as well as the natatorium, and learn about a variety of opportunities that are open to students and residents.
- Visit exhibitor booths and talk to experts on sports medicine, physical therapy, chiropractic therapy, and concussion awareness.
- Visit exhibitor booths and learn about speed and agility training, proper athlete nutrition, sports eyewear, mouth guards, and much more.
- Seminars, both full and mini sessions, related to youth sports, travel sports, high school sports, college recruiting, and college scholarships.
The President of Proactive Coaching, Rob Miller, will give a presentation in the RHS Auditorium that is free for all to attend. Miller will present on a variety of topics related to the role all members of the community play in sports. This includes the role of each athlete, parent, and coach in optimizing impact on and off the field.
If you have any questions about attending or hosting an exhibit, please contact the Rockford Sports Boosters via their website at rockfordsportsboosters.org .