Kent County Boards, Commissions and Committees need you

The Kent County Board of Commissioners is looking for residents who are interested in serving the community through appointment to various boards, commissions, and committees. Any Kent County resident may apply by completing an online application form on the County’s website at Resumes and cover letters are encouraged and may be attached. The application deadline is September 30, 2018.

Listed below are the boards, commissions, and committees that have openings for terms effective January 1, 2019 (unless otherwise noted):

• Agricultural Preservation Board (openings for agricultural interest representative and conservation representative)

• Community Action Agency Advisory Governing Board (openings for consumer and public sector representatives)

• Community Corrections Advisory Board (openings for Defense Attorney and Probation Representative)

• Community Health Advisory Committee (openings for community-based and faith-based organization representatives and health care providers)

• Community Mental Health Authority (Network180) Board – term begins April 1, 2019

• County Building Authority

• Fire Commission (openings for township elected officials only)

• Friend of the Court Citizen’s Advisory Committee (openings for the general public and family law attorney)

• Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRFIA) Authority Board

• Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention/Arena Authority

• Housing Commission

• Kent County Family & Children’s Coordinating Council (openings for private funding and private agency representatives)

• Kent District Library Board (Region 1 – resident of Nelson, Oakfield, Spencer and Tyrone Township; and Region 5 – resident of Ada, Cascade, Grand Rapids Township, and City of East Grand Rapids). Applicants must live in Region 1 or 5.

• Kent Hospital Finance Authority

• Lakeshore Regional Partners Substance Abuse Oversight Policy Board

• Land Bank Authority (must be a city elected official – excluding the City of Grand Rapids – to apply)

• Millennium Park Architectural Advisory Review Board (opening for business community representative)

• Officers’ Compensation Commission

• Remonumentation Peer Review Group (must be a professional surveyor to apply)

• Road Commission Board

• Solid Waste Management Planning Committee (openings for general public, environmental interest groups, solid waste industry representatives, and a representative from an industrial waste generator)

• Veterans Services Committee (must have served honorably on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces to apply)

If you have any questions, please contact Pam VanKeuren in the Board of Commissioners’ Office at 616.632.7580 or