Rockford Rotary has spent the past year perfecting a secret recipe for the grilled chicken dinner. The skinless chicken will be cooked on site and seasoned with a coffee rub and finished with a harvest apple cider BBQ glaze. Homestyle potato salad made with a mustard base and celery, onions and pepper and baked beans and a drink is included with the chicken, all for only $10.
Chicken dinners will be available on Friday and Saturday, September 28 and 29, from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm at the Rotary Pavilion (downtown Rockford , 50 Squire Street Square). Curbside pick-up will be available. Advance tickets are available for purchase from any Rockford Rotarian.
Rockford Rotary is a non-profit organization (www.rockfordrotarymi.com) made up of local business leaders that volunteer their time and money to support several local projects in the Rockford community. Rotary is always looking for new members that care about supporting the Rockford community by volunteering their time.
Every year Rotary:
- Sends high school students to Life Leadership Training at the Kettunen Center
- Runs the Strive Program at Rockford High School
- Sponsors and guides the High School Interact Program
- Sponsors the Reading Rocks Authors Festival
- Volunteers and funds activities at North Kent Connect
- Supports Hand-to-Hand at all elementary schools in Rockford
- Provides scholarships for students to attend RPS’ Summer Reading Program
Recent major contributions have been:
- Spent over $20,000 to renovate the Rotary Pavilion
- Raised over $10,000 for a playground at The Miracle Field for handicapped children
- Raised over $10,000 for renovating Grotto Park at the Veterans facility
- Helped fund and install water filters in the Dominican Republic
- Provided breakfast at an elementary school in the Dominican Republic