Rockford Safety rescues Squire from fire danger

August 20, 2015 // 0 Comments

By BETH ALTENA For all we knew, our building was about to go. In the early afternoon on Tuesday, August 11, the lower level of the Squire Newspaper office filled with smoke. It smelled like an electrical fire, but the staff couldn’t identify the source. It was frightening, and the staff made the right call, the Rockford Department of Public Safety. For years we have [...]

Fire destroys Rockford area home

June 25, 2015 // 0 Comments

Firefighters from Ada, Cannon and Grattan tackled the blaze of a house fire in the 6600 block of Ramsdell Dr. Police closed Ramsdell Drive from Belding Road NE to Greely Avenue NE. The fire started shortly after 7 p.m. on Sunday, June 21 in the garage and rapidly spread through the entire house. The majority of the fire was under control by 7:30 p.m. Fortunately all [...]

Wildfire consumes Nelson Township home

April 23, 2009 // 0 Comments

HOME BURNS—A woman and her by JUDY REED Nelson Township resident Brad Smith knew something wasn’t right when he saw a plume of smoke rising into the air as he drove west on 18 Mile near Shaner about 2 p.m. Thursday, April 16. “I’d seen fires around from people burning but this was different,” he said. Smith headed in the direction of the smoke, [...]