Hyser History Museum

Hyser history museum open this weekend

September 10, 2009 // 0 Comments

Dulcimer players, refreshments Fans of history get a double treat this weekend with the 23rd annual Grand Rogue Living Encampment at Grand Rogue campground and refreshments and dulcimer players at the Hyser River Musesum right next door at 6440 West River Drive. The museum is the actual home of pioneer surgeon and Civil War captain William Hyser, who lived from 1826 to 1909. It is the only remaining structure of the original Plainfield Village, which itself was built on a former Native American village. The museum will be open Saturday, September 19 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 and Sunday, September 20 from noon to 4:30 p.m. Dulcimer players will be at 2 p.m. Donna and Wendall Briggs who were chosen for recognition for their contribution to the community, will be honored on Saturday.