Rockord Community

Electrical fire damages home

March 4, 2010 // 0 Comments

by JUDY REED   Wiring in need of repair may have been the cause of a fire in Algoma Township Monday morning. Algoma Township firefighters were dispatched to 10880 Algoma, just north of 13 Mile, just before 9 a.m. this morning on a possible electrical fire. Dispatch said the house was filling with smoke. Sparta Township Fire assisted them at the scene. According to Algoma Fire Chief Steve Johnson, the fire started between the living room and another room, above the garage, and was most likely due to wiring in need of repair. He estimated it caused about $15,000 in damage. The couple had several animals, which Johnson said made it out safely. Algoma cleared the scene about 11:12 a.m.