Ron Porter

Piece of Rockford history moves to new location

July 19, 2012 // 0 Comments

The building believed to have been the original home of Reverend David Johnson Gilbert was moved in May 2011 from its original location to a lot on the corner of 13 Mile Road and Ramsdell in Courtland Township. Constructed in 1842 on 12 Mile Road in Section 19, it is considered to have been the oldest home in Oakfield Township. Reverend Gilbert was a pioneer farmer and [...]